Home Rates Ceremonies Reviews Contact

Procedures and Minister's Fees

To reserve your ceremony date please fill out my contract and return with a deposit of $150. This is applied to the ceremony fee and the remainder will be required on the rehearsal or wedding day.

This may be paid by check and mailed to:

  • Bonnie Williams
  • Hatteras Wedding Ministries
  • PO Box 98
  • Avon, NC 27915

Minister Fees

  • $300 for ceremony on Hatteras Island – optional rehearsal for $100
  • $325 for ceremony in Nags Head areas – optional rehearsal for $125
  • $375 for ceremony in Duck
  • $400 for ceremony in Corolla
  • Elopement – Special discounted rate depending on location

Marriage Laws & License Requirements
in North Carolina

  • To obtain a marriage license each applicant must bring a picture ID and a Social Security Card or some certificate with your number listed, such as a W2 form or pay stub, to the Register of Deeds office.
  • If you are not 21 years of age (a birth certificate is required) or if you have been divorced, please contact the Register of Deeds office in Dare County since you may need to bring additional documents with you. They can be reached at (252)-475-5970. However, please note that the marriage licenses can be obtained from any register of deeds office in any N. C. county. You do not have to obtain the license in the county in which you are getting married.
  • The cost of the license is $60 and it is valid for 60 days after it is issued.
  • There is no waiting period and a blood test is not required in N. C.
  • For a beach ceremony the National Park Service requires an application and fee. Contact Cape Hatteras National Seashore @252-473-2111 or click here for a copy of the application.
  • There must be two witnesses to any marriage. You must bring your marriage license to the ceremony. At the wedding, the minister will take the marriage license that you have acquired and fill out the remaining information which includes recording the minister’s information and also the information of the two witnesses. The minister will return the marriage license to the register of deeds office in the N. C. County in which it was purchased. This is the official record of the ceremony.
  • You may request a copy of the official record by mailing in a form and a small fee – you should be given a form at the Register of Deeds